Proposal: psutils (again)

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Mon Jul 28 06:18:00 GMT 2003

Hi Daniel,

>> [...]
>> Well, beside the fact that you don't provide a patch to restore the
>> original source archive. This is the main (?) reason to provide the
>> patch, it is there to get back the official sources.
>
> Grr @!%$, forgot to put it into the source archive again :)  Fixed.
>
>> The original source archive contains a Makefile, which you removed.
>
> No, mine doesn't. The original download site for psutils seems to be
> down for the past few days, so I got the source from a mirror. It did
> not contain a file named Makefile. Does your's?
Yes, it does ;-). I got the sources from:
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/psutils.html>, there I found
psutils_1.17.orig.tar.gz.

> BTW, My first release of the source package contained a Makefile which I
> removed, because *you* (spotlight on :-) said it was *not* in the
> original source.
That was a misunderstanding, as "my" unpatched sources had a
Makefile (that was different from your Makefile) I thought you
overwrote it.

>> You also added the CYGWIN-PATCHES dir (This is good, but it's not
>> in the original sources.
>
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html told me to. Isn't this the usual way to
> include Cygwin-specific stuff?
It is the correct way.

>> I attached a patch that IMHO does it right. I also "modified" the
>> already present $(prefix) variable that you now can do:
>
> Looks good. I modified the Makefile.unix and README accordingly.
Fine, :-) I'll have a look later today. Can you give me a link where you
found "your" original psutils_1.17 sources.

Bye
    Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D