[BUG] in the generic packaging script

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 12 17:19:00 GMT 2003


Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

> I'm starting from scratch on the aspell dict packs, because I don't quite 
> remember where I left off. I downloaded a fresh generic script and named 
> it aspell-en-0.51.0-1.sh. I added a debug functions available from the 
> command-line to see whether the different variables were set OK and - lo 
> and behold - they weren't.
> 
> The results: 
> $ ./aspell-en-0.51.0-1.sh vars
> topdir = /home/RLandheer/aspell
> PKG = aspell-en
> VER = en-0.51.0
> REL = 0.51.0-1
> FULLPKG = aspell-en-en-0.51.0-0.51.0-1
> 
> I am no wizz at sed regular expressions (I know a lot more about the 
> Perl-compatible variety) bu I am fairly certain the bug is in them. I'll 
> try to patch it up but if anyone beats me to it, I certainly won't mind :)

Try this instead:

export PKG=`echo $tscriptname | sed -e 's/\-[^\-]*\-[^\-]*$//'`
export VER=`echo $tscriptname | sed -e "s/${PKG}-//" -e 's/\-[^\-]*$//'`
export REL=`echo $tscriptname | sed -e "s/${PKG}-${VER}-//"`

--Chuck




More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list