ask-2.5.0 - a new package for review

Sun Jun 29 21:06:00 GMT 2003

Max Bowsher wrote:

> Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
>
>>(a Debian) Python Project http://www.paganini.net/ask/ has bee
>>ported. Please review.
>>
>>http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ask/ask-2.5.0-1-src.tar.bz2
>>http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ask/ask-2.5.0-1.tar.bz2
>

> Before you ITP any more packages, you should address the fact that cygbuild
> has been vetoed, and therefore, since all your packages use it, they are
> blocked until this issue is solved.

Not necessarily.  But, you realize Max that neither generic-build-script
nor mknetrel are available as "packages" either?  So IMO it doesn't
really matter that cygbuild isn't an official package, as long as it is
available somewhere...

> I strongly suspect that patches to incrementally enhance
> generic-build-script will be welcomed. The objection is that you are trying
> to introduce yet another packaging method into an already too-diverse
> landscape.

True, enhancements always welcome.  There's one thing I don't want to
do, though: I don't want to turn gbs into an assembly of fragments (e.g.
provide a customized "build()" function but use the default for
everything else, and automatically "assemble" those fragments into a
distributable build script.)

If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, then mknetrel is more
suited.

--Chuck