Setup: LogFile::exit

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 5 03:12:00 GMT 2003

> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 19:10, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>

> > How about just replace it with a flush() member?
>
> As long as you track down *all* the exit points and ensure they call it.

Well, that's another issue (i.e. if they didn't call exit() before, they're
already broken).

> Safer IMO to
> a) fix static object destructors

Wouldn't know where to start, but yeah that should be fixed regardless.

> or
> b) exit via the log object.

"Safer" or "preferable"?  I disagree that exit()ing somehwhere in the guts of an
object is a good way to go, especially when that class's raisin de etre is not
exiting, but logging.  But I've got a message loop that's hosed, so this is all
pretty much moot at this point.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.