setup (ini.cc) vs CVS mingw-runtime

Danny Smith danny_r_smith_2001@yahoo.co.nz
Mon Mar 31 08:42:00 GMT 2003

 --- Robert Collins <rbcollins@cygwin.com> wrote: > On Mon, 2003-03-31 at
10:17, Danny Smith wrote:

> > I'll make the _CRTIMP macro a  no-op by default if someone will confirm
> that
> > there is a problem with setup.
>
> So, is that CVS mingw-runtime only?

 src/winsup/mingw

And is there a setup.exe installable
> snapshot of that?

I think the last release (2.4) was in August. Earnie was asking lately if it
was time for a new release.

I don't routinely build setup for the fun of it but was using it to test some
gcc issues with _alloca.  The _CRTIMP conflict came up instead.  It can be
easily avoided by adding -mno-fun-dllimport to compile of ini.cc.  But that can
wait, if you like, until there is a setup installable snapshot of mingw runtime
that breaks setup.

Danny