a2ps (Was Re: [UPDATE] Pending package status (06 May 2003))

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed May 7 21:01:00 GMT 2003

Yes.  Turns out I downloaded it, but got distracted by real work and
forgot to review it.  Sorry about that.

The CRLF issue and the permission bits were indeed fixed, in both the
binary and the source packages.

There's a minor typo in the readme:

  This will build, creat teh binary package and re-create the source package.
                   ^^^^^^^^^
I'm still a bit wary of the "all" step in the build script, in that it
will remove the source directory, but that's my personal feeling, and
the consensus here seems to be to leave it the way it is...

However, your build script seems to be missing the "strip" step (compared
to, say, a similar script in cygutils).  FYI,

$ ls -l a2ps.exe
-rwx--x--x    1 igor     Administ   890050 Apr 16 12:19 a2ps.exe*
$ strip a2ps.exe
$ ls -l a2ps.exe
-rwx--x--x    1 igor     Administ   306688 May  7 16:56 a2ps.exe*

Otherwise this looks good.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II