ITP: ProFTPD

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri May 16 13:21:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:58:17AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>     #User                SYSTEM
>     #Group               Administrators
>
> which I think is a little more self-documenting and are the compiled in
> defaults anyway.
>
> > Or create a proftpd-install script in /usr/bin which allows
> > interactive settings as in e. g. ssh-host-config.
>
> Unfortunately, Cygwin proftpd only functions correctly when run under
> SYSTEM and Administrators, so the above is moot.

It isn't.  The problem is that the Administrators group has different
names in different local Windows variants.  While SYSTEM is not
translated, the Administrators group is.  E. g. in a german system
it's called "Administratoren" (note the different plural form).

Therefore it makes sense to use numerical values.

Red Hat, Inc.