pcre packages

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Wed May 21 16:35:00 GMT 2003

(I had to pick this mail out of the web archives - don't know why it
didn't come through)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, it was written:
> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:54:16PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > So, I've uploaded the latest versions. Please let me know
> > * if anyone has any objections to the granularity of these packages
> > * if the setup.hint file is OK
> It would be nice if you could split up your setup.hint file into single
> setup.hint files for each of the packages.  The reason is that each
> package is put into its own subdirectory with its own setup.hint file
> and so you'd immensly help the uploading person...
OK

> Btw., I'd split the `ldesc's into multiple lines.  Currently they consist
> of one very long line, more than 80 characters.
OK
Are they actually used anywhere, by the way?

> > * anything else..
> Yes, it's more of the "anything else" category.  The packages aren't
> following the naming convention.  They should be named e.g
>
>   pcre-doc-4.2-1.tar.bz2
>
> instead of
>
>   pcre-4.2-1-doc.tar.bz2
>
> See what I mean?  They are handled as different packages, called
> pcre, pcre-doc, pcre-devel, etc. and the names should match that.
OK

I'll update the script to generate the filenames correctly and will upload
new versions tomorow.

rlc

NB: Please cc me in replies so I receive them without having to go get
them on the web - I don't know why your message didn't come through (did
you use Gmane?) but, it didn't.