gcc-core installed accidently

Daniel Reed n@ml.org
Sat Nov 1 14:43:00 GMT 2003

On 2003-11-01T12:53+0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
) Somoehow setup.exe installed the gcc source package gcc-core for me,
) however I only wanted to install the binaries and it was also not
) listed in the Up-To-Date section after I tried to uninstall the source
) again.  What I did now was to explicit install gcc-core (the source
) package) and then removed it with setup.exe again.
)
) I cannot say how it happened, there is no other package listed which
) requires gcc-core.

Well, what was the reasoning for having a separate gcc-core package again?
By default, both source and binary would be under the same name, and a knob
in setup would allow the user to install either one.

Without consulting the source (WCTS?) I'd guess it might be because there is
no gcc-core binary package. If there is no other reason for the split, it
might be best to remove gcc's external-source, and rename gcc-core-*-src to
gcc-src.

--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
"True nobility lies not in being superior to another man, but in being