minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Nov 19 21:42:00 GMT 2003

Pierre Humblet wrote:

> Nicholas Wourms wrote:

[snip]

>>However, the kludge I use to get around this is to just do this in the
>>source file:
>>
>>#define foo __foo
>>int
>>__foo {
>>}
>>
>>Or you can use a typedef if your symbol is a struct or similar.
>

> I am not sure if this addresses the problem at hand.
> There IS and include file with #define foo __foo
> but configure runs in a problem when it calls foo() without including
> said include file. Thus we would like to have both __foo and foo.

Noooooo, you have to do it in the library source file, not the header,
that way the symbol is properly generated in the library dll.  This is
quite similar to the way cygwin.din maps some symbols to underscore
aliases (or visa-versa).

Cheers,
Nicholas