minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Nov 19 21:51:00 GMT 2003

Pierre Humblet wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:

[SNIP]

> Btw, could cygwin use weak symbols instead of newsym?

I suspect this would take quite a bit of doing.  In addition to being
aliases, weak symbols are also supposed to be "weak".  That is, if
locally controlled source redefines the symbol, that local symbol is
supposed to override the global one.  I think this is really only used
in situations such as LD_PRELOAD, where one library's functions are
supposed to override the system's libraries without having to relink
against that other lib.

Cheers,
Nicholas