[ITP] man: Man, apropos and whatis

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Mon Nov 24 00:37:00 GMT 2003

Dr.Volker.Zell@oracle.com wrote:

>     Christopher> Btw, it probably goes without saying but you don't have to necessarily
>     Christopher> use this version of man.  I think there may be other versions out there
>     Christopher> which are less linux specific.  Or, maybe they've cleaned up some of the
>     Christopher> code in this version...
>
> From where did you donwload your last version ?

IMHO, Redhat's `man' SRPM has some excellent patches which serve to make
it more i18n friendly, fix a few things here and there, and resolves a
few FHS issues.  I think it would be well worth investigating.  I'd
suggest picking up the latest SRPM from
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/.

Cheers,
Nicholas