[ITP] links-0.99pre14 [Was: Re: Please update links, mod_php4, mod_ssl, wget (was: [mark@openssl.org: [OpenSSL Advisory] Denial of Service in ASN.1 parsing])]

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Nov 24 19:16:00 GMT 2003

I'll take maintainership of the links package.  The 0.96 version that is
currently released for Cygwin is from 2001/07/03.  The stable version,
0.98, is from 2002/06/30.

The latest devel version, 0.99pre14, is from 2003/11/22.  The devel
versions are so much newer than the last stable version that I wanted to
just straight to it and follow it until 0.99 is released as stable.

I changed the dependency on this package from openssl096 to just openssl.

For the life of me I cannot tell if this package is functioning
correctly.  It build perfectly, without even a single warning, but it
doesn't seem to work right at the moment.  I need someone that uses the
links package to point their setup.exe to the site below and try the
links-0.99pre14-1 package and report on what is broken:

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/

The files are below, for review by other maintainers:

#!/bin/bash

mkdir links
cd links

wget \