non-setup information in setup.hint (was Re: Maintainers/Packages List, 2003-11-22)

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Nov 26 15:19:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:40:43PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > BTW, another piece of non-setup information that might be useful is an "up
> > for adoption" (or "orphaned") flag.
> Why not make it a setup flag? Make a nasty little pop-up box pop up when you
> install an orphaned package - something like "The package ... is up for
> adoption! Please take a look at http://cygwin.com/setup.html to see how you
> can help out!"
>
> Perhaps add a new category "orphaned" as well, listing all orphaned packages
> and offering to download the source by default..
>
> JAT..
> rlc

Umm, we want to encourage people into adopting packages, not annoy them
into it...  Although prepending "Orphaned" to the package sdesc might not
be a bad idea (as well as the new category idea above).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu