fltk-1.1.4-1: take 2

Teun Burgers a.rburgers@quicknet.nl
Sat Oct 18 19:36:00 GMT 2003

I've uploaded a new version of fltk-1.1.4 source- and binary packages.

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ar.burgers/fltk-1.1.4-1.tar.bz2
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ar.burgers/fltk-1.1.4-1-src.tar.bz2

A good review was made by Nicholas in:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00227.html

Nicolas wrote:

> First off, you have /usr/share/doc/fltk & /usr/share/doc/fltk-1.1.4.

Done

> Second, where are the include files? Building fltk apps will
> definitely need those.

yep, included now

> Third, you can ditch /etc/postinstall since you aren't using a script.

Done

On the subject of shared libraries Nicholas wrote:

> Not really, you could always cheat by using the --whole-archive method
> of converting a static archive into a dll.  i.e.:

I used this method to add dlls and import libraries.

Nicholas also made some (optional) suggestions about an xpm -nox like
lay-out in anticipation of a future parallel
xfree86 version. I think these are good suggestions, but for the time
being I'd like to leave it in the current form.

I also included three nice demos from the fltk distribution. A checkers
program, a mandelbrot viewer
and an OpenGL puzzle.

Teun