fontconfig 2.2.0 - Ready for review

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Oct 26 18:15:00 GMT 2003

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hallo Harold,
>

>>fontconfig
>>==========
>>libfontconfig1
>>==============
>>libfontconfig-devel
>>===================
>

> The binary packages:
>
> + Executables are running.
>
> - No postinstall script
>
> - And in the package included (which is wrong, should  be created by a
> postinstall script and only install them if the user has it not in
> place):
> etc/fonts/
> etc/fonts/fonts.conf
> etc/fonts/fonts.dtd
> etc/fonts/local.conf

I haven't done this before.  I will have to find an example of it somewhere.

> The source package:
>
> + It configures, builds, ... ok. (The lndir trick is amazing;-)

Heh... it is a trick I have often used when a package won't let me build
out of the source tree.  Others will probably chastise me for it, but it
has worked well for me for over two years.

> - The patch includes the autotools temp directory:
>   fontconfig-2.2.0/autom4te.cache/
> BTW, this should be patched in the generic build-script to be excluded
> when running diff.

Okay, I can exclude that in the build script and try it again.

By the way, what is the policy when making pre-release chagnes like
this.  Do most people bump the package number from -1 to -2 or is that
why I should be including md5sums?

> I vote pro fontconfig.

Thanks,

Harold