Do X-related packages developed by myself need ITPs?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Oct 28 00:12:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>Should I be doing ITPs and waiting for votes?  Is there a less-formal
>>process that package posters use (e.g. Hey, look at this, if no one
>>complains, then I am posting it.)?
>>
>>If this isn't interesting for cygwin-apps then just let me know and I
>>will send review requests but not an ITP.
>>
>>As I said before, I felt kind of quilty that I could just upload
>>whatever I wanted... but if everyone is okay with that, then I shouldn't
>>be cluttering this list.
>

> I've always considered the xfree86 part of the release as your fiefdom.
> However, I think that the ITP and review process is extremely valuable,
> so if you want to avail yourself of it, I think that the packages will
> benefit, assuming that there are people here who are willing to review
> xfree86 packages.
>
> So, it's your call either way.

Gerrit's review of the fontconfig package certainly helped to improve
the package.

Okay.  That is good to know.  I will probably stick to asking for
reviews, but not really waiting for votes (unless people complain loudly :).

Harold