[Patch] Resizeable main window

Frank Richter frichter@gmx.li
Fri Oct 31 13:25:00 GMT 2003

On 29.10.2003 05:06, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> Also, this scares the hell out of me: "The code utilizes some "less public"
> aspects of property sheets and makes certain assumptions on it's internal
> workings [...]."  Frank, can you explain what you mean here?  Does "less public"
> == "undocumented" == "even more liable to break than MS's documented stuff"?

Well, the only thing that may go as "undocumented" are the IDs of the
property sheet controls (i.e. Back, Next, Finish etc. buttons) - I
didn't find them in some header file, so I got those IDs with the help
of an utility. So if MS has decided to give those controls different IDs
on different platforms, they won't move when you resize. But I don't
think that's the case, if it is, it could probably be fixed with some
cut'n'paste.

"Assumptions on internal working" basically means that some of the
code(like getting the original page size) assumes that certain messages
arrive in a certain order. If this isn't the case, sizes may or may not
be computed wrong.

-f.r.