Two new "categories" created. Comment needed

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Apr 7 21:13:00 GMT 2004

Robert Collins wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 06:38, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>[cue offended remark from Rob Collins after his last offended remark
>>almost three weeks ago with still no action as far as I can tell, sorry
>>Rob, but I wish you could be more honest with yourself about how much
>>time you have].
>

> I didn't offer to code anything up three weeks ago. If you want offended
> remarks, try this:
>
> "Read what I wrote and don't troll".

Here a quote from your email for you, since you seem to have forgotten
what you wrote:

"Starting April I have a new job with (hopefully) more personal time to
do things like setup.exe."

You didn't say anything about "sorry kids, I'll just be applying patches
from now on, I won't be coding anymore".  You implied that you would be
doing precisely what most people think the maintainer of setup.exe
should be doing: coding, applying patches, and getting releases out the
door.

Coding is a read haring anyway, what I said in my email was "[...] I
don't see anyone stepping up to code *anything* in setup.exe or
otherwise take charge of setup.exe [...]", yeah, that part about taking
charge is much more important to me than any coding.

> I offered to review patches - where are they?

Why the hell would I send you a patch when you have been sitting on a
pile of them for six months and haven't released a thing?  You like
suggesting to people that they perform an exercise in futility?

Since you still won't recognize that you haven't got time to work on
setup.exe and won't release it to be maintained by someone else, I'll
tell you exactly what I think: I want setup.exe maintainership *revoked*
from you since I feel you are failing in your duties, one of which is to
hand over maintainership when you no longer have time.  If there was a
way to put this to a vote here I'd do it; unfortunately, I don't think
we have such a voting system designated for such problems.

Harold