Can upset handle more than one prev: tag?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Aug 24 19:09:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> I stillkeep perl-5.6.1 at the mirrors for people who don't believe that
> the new perl-5.8 is ok.  Now I have updated to 5.8.5 and removed 5.8.2
> but got complaints because the postgres perl extension is linked against
> 5.8.2 DLL.

Shouldn't we then provide a cygperl5_8.dll symlinked to cygperl5_8_5.dll
also (in linux fashion), and apps should link against cygperl5_8.dll
resp. a more generic libperl.dll.a then?
otherwise you'll have to recompile all dependent apps.

BTW:
cygperl-5.8.5.dll filenames would also be okay, as long as the linker
and dlopen gets the basename+extension passed.
Without the ".dll" extension it will not be found.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/