Can upset handle more than one prev: tag?

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed Aug 25 17:09:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:51:46PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>Christopher schrieb:
>> If there are problems with perl 5.8.x, shouldn't we be fixing the
>> problems?
>
>Sure, this is the way to go.  However, I want to keep 5.6.1 around as
>long as possible.  Since it will be@the mirrors it is always possible
>to fetch it and instal it manually.  And the 'Joe User' will see 5.8.2
>as previous and 5.8.5 as current.

Please don't assume that since perl is already a package in the cygwin
distribution that a separate 5.6.1 version is a given.  If you are
going to be adding a new package to the distribution, you need to
go through the normal approval process.

I'll state again that I don't think that it is a good idea to include
5.6.1.

cgf