setup 2.427 runtime error

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Mon Aug 30 00:22:00 GMT 2004

David A. Cobb wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>> I've made some improvements to setup's error reporting.
>>
>> Can you try version 2.431 from:
>> http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/
>> (Little has changed since the last release, so I guess this is a
>> release-candidate).
>>
>> It should give a more detailed error which should (hopefully) enable
>> me to trace the bug.
>>
>> Max.
>

> OK.  GDB log attached.  Uncaught Exception caused by "URL Scheme not
> registered."
> I could maybe catch more if you made it an unstripped "-ggdb3" build,
> and wrapped the source with it.

OK, I'll see what I can do with this info and get back to you if I need more
info.

> I downloaded the .tar.bz2 file, which is probably meant to be the
> source.  However, bunzip2 says it is not a (valid) bzip2 file.
> In my experience, this is often caused by the server passing an
> incorrect MIME type from which the http download module of my browser
> (Mozilla Firefox) infers incorrectly that the file is text.

It *is* the source. Mozilla 1.7.2 handles it correctly.

Server headers:
 1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
 2 Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:20:14 GMT
 3 Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
 4 Last-Modified: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:12:05 GMT
 5 ETag: "3a0b42-ca374-c24a340"
 6 Accept-Ranges: bytes
 8 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
 9 Connection: Keep-Alive
10 Content-Type: application/x-bzip2
11 Content-Encoding: x-bzip2

I suspect Firefox may have unhelpfully un-bzip2ed it dynamically, but not
removed the .bz2 suffix.

Max.