Can upset handle more than one prev: tag?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Aug 30 06:59:00 GMT 2004

Max Bowsher schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> Shouldn't we then provide a cygperl5_8.dll symlinked to cygperl5_8_5.dll
>> also (in linux fashion), and apps should link against cygperl5_8.dll
>> resp. a more generic libperl.dll.a then?
>> otherwise you'll have to recompile all dependent apps.
>
> You are forgetting something. The Windows runtime linker
> (understandably) doesn't understand Cygwin symlinks.

But cygwin dlopen does understand symlinks.
And perls dynalinker uses dlopen(cygpath),
not LoadLibrary (fullpath).
All other posix libs also use dlopen() not LoadLibrary().
And the cygwin dlopen() calls fullpath = get_full_path_of_dll(cygpath)
which resolves links.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/