setup 2.427 runtime error

David A. Cobb Superbiskit@cox.net
Mon Aug 30 16:39:00 GMT 2004

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Max Bowsher wrote:
>

>>David A. Cobb wrote:
>>

>>>I downloaded the .tar.bz2 file, which is probably meant to be the
>>>source.  However, bunzip2 says it is not a (valid) bzip2 file.
>>>In my experience, this is often caused by the server passing an
>>>incorrect MIME type from which the http download module of my browser
>>>(Mozilla Firefox) infers incorrectly that the file is text.
>>>

>>It *is* the source. Mozilla 1.7.2 handles it correctly.
>>
>>Server headers:
>>[snip]
>>
>>I suspect Firefox may have unhelpfully un-bzip2ed it dynamically, but not
>>removed the .bz2 suffix.
>>

>Firefox doesn't do this, but the mirror itself may have.
>	Igor

Follow-up to my previous.

The HTTP headers are inside the file!  Must be the browser,  except that
I download bz2's all the time and this doesn't happen.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.