setup 2.427 runtime error

David A. Cobb Superbiskit@cox.net
Tue Aug 31 11:18:00 GMT 2004

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Did you, by chance, use "wget -o"?  That would put the headers into the
> file.  FWIW, I just tried this[*] with Firefox 0.9.3 -- no problems.
>     Igor
> [*] By "this" I mean "download
> http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/setup-2.431.tar.bz2"

No, just Firefox 0.9.  Today, for the second time, the Firefox download
simply stalled and would not complete.
So, Cygwin curl to the rescue -- took about 35 seconds and untarred
without a problem.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.