Apache-Cygwin problem

inscr dupont inscr23@yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 6 00:06:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I know this subject has already been approached many
times, but i still haven't found solutions before

writing to this list.

I've installed apache-1.3.24-4 and apache-php-4.2.0-2
with the cygwin's "setup", and some problems seems to
appear :
-first, the apache-php.sh scipt seems not to have done
his job' correctly. So i rebased dlls by myself by
typing (new bash, no other processes running)
rebaseall -v. It works fine.
-Then i type /usr/sbin/apachectl start, which tells
me:

*** unable to remap C:\cygwin\bin\cygbz21.0.dll to
same address as parent(0x660000) != 0x67DE0000
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

so i type :
$ rebase -v -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000
/bin/cygbz21.0.dll
/bin/cygbz21.0.dll : new base = 67fd0000, new size =
30000

...but apachectl still crashes, and sometimes the name
of the dll which is "impossible to remap"
changes(cygintl-1.dll, ...)

So, what's the problem with apache ?
Why don't the rebase commands i type work?
I spent a lot of time trying to run apache and it's
the only problem i have with cygwin, which is very
great!!

So if you have any suggestions, or if you could
explain me how to install apache+php on cygwin, it
would be great!

Precisions :
uname -a tells me:
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 Poseidon 1.5.11(0.116/4/2) 2004-09-04
23:17 i686

Regards,

Philippe
inscr23@yahoo.fr