cygwin-apps link documentation unclear

John Sellers jsellers_nospam@sellers.com
Tue Dec 28 00:24:00 GMT 2004

At  http://cygwin.com/lists.html are the instructions for using the
mailing lists.

The directions for cygwin-apps reads:

"cygwin-apps <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/>: a subscriber-only list
for discussing packaging issues regarding applications that are
distributed with the Cygwin DLL. If you are maintaining or volunteering
to maintain one of the packages that is distributed with the Cygwin net
releases you should be subscribed to this list. This list is intended
for discussing solutions. It is not (with one exception) for bug
reports, "it would be nice", or "how do I" type of musings. Do not
subsccribe to this mailing list to ask questions about packages. Use the
main cygwin mailing list for that."

"the main cygwin mailing list"  should be completely unambigous by using
the exact name of the mailing list.

Example:  I was not 100% sure that "the main cygwin mail list" is the
mailing list called: "cygwin".

This seems obvious, but seasoned users forget that newbees do not have a
common context with those who post these instructions and strictly
speaking, the main cygwin mail list could be named just about anything.

Actually "the cygwin mailing list" would be better than "the main cygwin
mailing list".