ccrypt review [Was: Pending Packages List, 2003-12-19]

Andreas Seidl seidlcw@gmx.net
Mon Feb 2 10:57:00 GMT 2004

Lapo Luchini wrote:

> Ops, sorry... I had flu. (very bad, 1 week and I still suffer...)

Get well soon!

> This seems a perfectly packaged package now, only "doubt" I have is
> that I don't know how to check these:
>
> usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/jka-compr-ccrypt.el
> usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/jka-compr-ccrypt.elc

"Simply" add

(setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" load-path))
(require 'jka-compr-ccrypt "jka-compr-ccrypt.el")

to your .emacs file in your home directory. Then, if you open an
encrypted file, emacs will ask for a password. The first time you want
to save the buffer, emacs will ask again twice, but for later savings in
this session the password will be remembered. So far I have tested this
emacs mode only once, as I use this program mainly from the command line.

Andreas.
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/