[UPDATE] apache-1.3.29-1 ready for testing and upload

Stipe Tolj tolj@wapme-systems.de
Thu Jan 22 00:29:00 GMT 2004

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> A copy isn't a problem.  It's the move that confuses cygcheck.

yep. Either we symlink or we copy, I guess.

> Agreed.  Changing a move to a copy would do it.

ok, I'll try the "install to /usr/share/apache and copy if
appropriate" approach.

> > Instead of copying over the manual and icons and stuff into
> > /var/www, just modify the default httpd.conf so that those things are
> > served directly from /usr/share/apache.  Then it can just copy the
> > "congratulations, you've installed apache" index.html into /var/www (if
> > there's not an existing one), and leave the rest of that directory for
> > the users to do whatever they want.
>
> That makes even more sense.  The only problem would be if the user's stale
> copy of index.html refers to icons/images that aren't present in the newer
> distributions of apache...  But I guess if the user didn't modify his
> index.html, he can just overwrite it with the one in /usr/share/apache,
> and if he did, he might need to update it for the new version anyway.

yep. That's in the scope of the user.

> Perfect.  Stipe, would this be hard to do?

nop. Can be done mainly via config.layout and modifying slightly the
postinstall script. Doing this.

Stipe

mailto:tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG