ddd-3.3.8-1 packaging error

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:52:00 GMT 2004

Brian Ford wrote:

> This is just a note to Harold so he can correct this error for his next
> ddd release (whenever that is).  Ddd is an X11 app, so it should be
> rooted in /usr/X11R6 rather than /usr.

I don't know if it is an error so much as something that I have been
struggling with.  There is a general consensus in the X community that
/usr/X11R6 needs to just go away.  I am trying to put as few new things
there as necessary (if a package can be used at all without X, then it
doesn't need to be there, IMHO).  Now, the real question is whether I
made a conscious decision to root the package in /usr versus just
forgetting to change it to /usr/X11R6?  I can't recall doing either of
these... so I really can't say if I was being strong minded or forgetful :)

Harold