Pending Packages List, 2004-01-23

Wed Jan 28 01:54:00 GMT 2004

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     Charles> =================================
>     Charles> 3) xemacs-emacs-common's setup.hint should be marked "conflicts: emacs"
>     Charles> 4) xemacs-tags' setup.hint should be marked "conflicts: ctags"
>
> Did we agree on this ? I cannot find any mention on it on
>
>  o http://cygwin.com/setup.html

That web page was written before setup.exe supported 'conflicts:'

> I would rather stick with the behaviour as it is. I think naturally if
> you want MSW mode just unset DISPLAY.

probably for the best.

> Thanks for the review Charles
> (btw. will you switch now to this version as mentioned in another thread?)

Already done.  It's a *little* slower in MSW mode than my pure native
xemacs, but not enough to annoy.  In X mode (on my PIII-450, 512MB) it's
a slow enough to be annoying, but not so much that it prevented me from
reclaiming the 300MB used by my other cygwin and native xemacs
installations.

--
Chuck