opengl maintainer please fix your package to not create subdirectories in /usr/bin

Andre Bleau bleau@igb.umontreal.ca
Wed Jul 7 15:44:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>So, crossing the street when it says "Don't Walk" is ok since you saw
>somebody do it just the other day?
>
>cgf

OK, but where is that "Don't Walk" sign posted? As I did not see it, maybe
I've overlooked something else...
And:

>The subject says it all.  Please don't create subdirectories in /usr/bin
>with the one historical exception of the X11 directory.
>
>cgf

1- Suggestion for locating application-specific directories, please?
/usr/sbin seems a good candidate to me, as there are alreay some
subdirectories for awk, gnuplot, emacs... But maybe there is another
low-visibility "Don't Walk" sign over there...
2- Does it need to be done ASAP or can I wait for the next release?

Regards,

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL
package to cygwin at cygwin dot com .