BLT

Marcus G. Daniels mgd@santafe.edu
Fri Jul 23 13:31:00 GMT 2004

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> There's a static lib called libBLT30.a and a symlink to
> ../bin/cygBLT30.dll, but there's no link library to link against the
> DLL, libBLT30.dll.a. Does that actually work for linking against the
> DLL? I thought the .dll.a lib is needed for that.

libtool (e.g. building clients of this library) looks for either a DLL
or a import library.  I just made a symlink because BLT didn't make the
import library itself.  The symlink is just so when clients go looking
for BLT in lib/ they find something.  I can make a .dll.a if you
prefer.  I just wanted to get feedback right away and so made this
shortcut..  Thanks!