[Review-almost GTG] Re: HDF5

Marcus G. Daniels mgd@santafe.edu
Mon Jul 26 17:25:00 GMT 2004

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>The hdf5.README should mention zlib-1.2.1 as additional runtime
>requirement.

Oh, right, I've added that now.

>make check gives a lot of failures/core dumps for me. The problematic
>test programs are: dtypes (failures), big (failures), mtime (core dumps),
>h5dump (core dumps)
>
>If these are to be expected, then the package is good to go.

Hmm, it appears that GCC 3.3.1 on Cygwin has trouble with `long long'
types.  Most of the errors in dtypes and mtime and h5dump have to do
with problems with long long arithmetic.   However, I've used this
packaging of HDF5 for some work and these problems don't break everything..