Requesting vote / review for submitted package

Thu Jun 10 22:47:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 02:26:05PM +0200, Thomas.Wolff-kv7WeFo6aLtBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>>I was wondering how this voting and package acceptance process would be
>>working.  I had proposed my Unicode and CJK capable text editor with
>>message http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-03/msg00202.html and
>>there was 1 vote pro since then.  I would appreciate further voting
>>and/or reviewing to get this editor which works fine under cygwin into
>>the distribution.
>

> You can certainly lobby for your package to be voted on but the fact
> that you only got one pro vote means that, for now, your package doesn't
> go in.  That's what the voting process is for.  If every ITP generated
> an automatic inclusion in the cygwin release then we wouldn't need a
> voting process at all.

FWIW, I've got -- what? 30? -- packages in cygwin.  And some of my ITPs
didn't get the required number of votes -- which is why I don't have 35.
  So there's no conspiracy to keep new maintainers out of the club --
it's just that, sometimes, few people see the value in
yet-another-package-for-???.  <sniff.  pout>

Not that I'm complaining -- I'm just re-iterating cgf's point: not every
ITP'ed package makes it into the distro; even from long-time maintainers.

--
Chuck