cygutils - mkshortcut - Patch for --desc option for description/tooltip text - Needed for new Cygwin/X package

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 10 18:55:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Attached is a patch to mkshortcut to allow it to take a [-d|--desc] DESC
> option that specifies the text of the description (tooltip text) for the
> shortcut.  If -d|--desc is not specified, then the previous behavior of
> setting the description to the POSIX path to the application is used.
>
> I have build tested and run tested the attached patch.
>
> I need this patch for a replacement for the XFree86-bin-icons package.
> I already have the new package in hand, but I need this new
> functionality in order for the shortcuts to have meaningful names and
> descriptions.
>
> Harold

Umm, don't the symbolic links in Cygwin use the description field for the
link contents?  Also, why was this sent to cygwin-apps -- doesn't it fit
better with the main Cygwin list?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/