.rdata section in Cygwin executables?

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Fri Mar 12 15:28:00 GMT 2004

Egor Duda wrote:

> You may write your own linker script so that all rdata section will be
> put to .data when emacs.exe is linked, but again, it doesn't look as the
> proper way to deal with the problem.

According to objdump, there is no "readonly" flag set for .rdata.

Does Windows know about the name .rdata and know that only one copy
is needed for multiple emacs processes?  Or perhaps Cygwin knows
about the name for similar reasons?

Or perhaps (gasp) the implementation is not currently complete
and .rdata buys me nothing at present?

Thanks for the feedback -- I am looking for something easy to do
here to get the existing 21.2 emacs back in shape for Cygwin.
I already need to rewrite unexec() for the FSF version for
copyright reasons and don't really want to spend any time on the
current unexec() code -- it's throwaway at some point.
--
Joe Buehler