Heads Up: cygwin/X no longer dependent on cygipc

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Mar 17 04:15:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:05:10PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>I recompiled and posted a new build of the Cygwin/X package that were
>>previously dependent on cygipc against cygserver instead.  All
>>setup.hint files for Cygwin/X packages and other X packages maintained
>>by myself (not requiring a rebuild) have been updated to no longer
>>require cygipc.
>>
>>I still need to update (rebuild required):
>>*** GraphicsMagick
>>   *** libGraphicsMagick-devel
>>   *** libGraphicsMagick0
>>*** ImageMagick
>>   *** libMagick-devel
>>   *** libMagick6
>>
>>Others need to update setup.hint's for (no rebuild required):
>>*** gd
>>   *** libgd-devel
>>   *** libgd2
>>*** gnuplot
>>*** gv
>>*** xemacs
>>
>>Others need to rebuild:
>>*** postgresql
>>
>>Looks like we are only 3 package rebuilds away from no longer requiring
>>cygipc... not to say that it would be wise to immediately pull it from
>>distribution, but at least we would be one step closer.
>

> I find it hard to believe that all of the above packages actually
> directly rely on cygpic.  I suspect that most of these are bypassing the
> rule of not including dependencies of packages from the "Required" line
> in setup.hint.  So, most of the cygpic's (and probably a lot of other
> dependencies) should probably be dropped.

All of the above?  I only listed thee that need to be rebuilt because of
direct dependencies on cygipc.  The middle section says "no rebuild
required" and "need to update setup.hint's".

I totally agree with you.  :)

Harold