[ITP] neon (A WebDAV library required by Subversion)

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu May 6 17:54:00 GMT 2004

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> Packaging looks good to me.  +1 from me.  I'm curious to see subversion
> on Cygwin.

BTW, there seems to be some confusion on this matter. You don't need
neon to see subversion on Cygwin.

Dave's subversion links already contain static libs of apr, apr-util and
neon. Sources are also included. The regular subversion release does it
ditto.

To have subversion in cygwin none of apr, apr-utils and neon is
required. Just the fixes for the server build, and numerous other
package problems.

I'd rather concentrate on helping Dave to fix the outstanding subversion
packaging issues, than including new packages which are in the default
subversion src tree also. This is code bloat and doesn't help subversion.

Admitted, Max's packaging looks fine, whilst Dave's is a mess.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/