[ITP] ec-fonts-mftraced

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Thu Nov 11 05:11:00 GMT 2004

Bertalan Fodor wrote:

> I'd like to package and maintain the ec-fonts-mftraced package for
> cygwin, because recent versions of the lilypond package depend on it.
> AFAIK the process to get ec-fonts-mftraced into the debian distribution
> has begun.
>
> sdesc: "EC PostScript Type1 fonts with TFMs for TeX"
> category: Publishing
> requires: tetex-bin tetex-tiny
> ldesc: "These are PostScript Type1 renderings and TFMs of the EC variants
> of the standard TeX CMR font family.  These fonts include characters
> with European accents."
> requires: tetex-bin tetex-tiny

Do the fonts really 'require' tetex?  Is it not possible to use fonts
with other tools as well?  I have t1lib and tools installed so probably
I want to use the fonts, but I don't want to install tetex on my
Notebook where I have limited Harddisk space.

BTW, +1 vote from me in case votes are required.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=