FYI: Reboot is needed after a failed setup.

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Nov 15 19:13:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 07:45:09PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>>>This would solve similar problems involving other dlls too.
>>
>>Are you sure?  Other dll's will never get deleted.  I believe only
>>cygwin needs this special logic.
>
> Why wouldn't other DLLs get deleted?

"dll hell"
setup.exe has a special logic not to delete old dll's, as I was told by
Charles in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-09/msg00331.html

I personally didn't see so far where this magic should happen in
setup.exe. I only see
cygpackage.cc:150
   io_stream::remove (String("cygfile:///etc/setup/") + name + ".lst.gz");
and no special check in io_stream::remove.

Charles? Where and how does this "GREAT PAIN" happen to keep old
compatibility DLLs around?
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/