libgeotiff-1.2.1-2 for a postgresql extension

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Oct 6 12:30:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> Reini could make a PostGIS package as add on for PostgreSQL
> available with these prerequisites.

thanks for providing this.

name: "postgresql-postgis" ?
   why not. I'm interested.

what else is on the list of useful postgres addon's in seperate packages?

postgresql-tcl: will be most likely pgtclng from gborg,
   not the old libpgtcl
postgresql-php: didn't find that on gborg. we will see.
   I have the sources and wait for time to test this beast.
   there exist simple apps which depend on that.
postgres-jdbc, ...
   the first two maybe, the latter not me.

gborg: psqlodbc, slony1, PgOleDb, ...
   and more postgresql-gborg stuff? please not me.

I personally prefer the gborg mysql2pgsql.perl over
the contrib version. But this doesn't need a package.

Seperate postgresql-contrib and postgresql-docs?
So far not. I want to stay in sync with the pgsql-server module
from cvs, which has these two also.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/