libgeotiff-1.2.1-2

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Thu Oct 7 01:00:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase writes:

> Hallo Charles,
>
> >> +1 vote from me for libgeotiff (makes 3 IIRC, please upload).
> >> +1 vote for proj.
>
> >> Would you ming to included also GEOS in this set of packages?
> >> If so, +1 vote for geos.
>
> > ????
>
> > Where did THIS come from?  I ITP'ed these over a year ago; surely
> > there's a statute of limitations on ITP's?
>
> > I've no objections to bringing my version up to the current upstream
> > release and uploading them to sourceware, but geez...been trolling the
> > list archives or what, Gerrit?
>

> Hehe, I just found PostGIS and want to try to get it up with my
> personal PostgreSQL database, PROJ and GEOS are optional components
> and I thought it may be useful to have these extensions to PostGIS,
> a quick search shows that at least PROJ was already proposed by you.
> Since then there was only one new release of PROJ, I used your
> version.  Reini could make a PostGIS package as add on for PostgreSQL
> available with these prerequisites.

Hi Gerrit,

Proj4   http://proj.maptools.org/  should build OTB
GDAL  http://gdal.maptools.org
            < configure to use internal tiff and geotiff libs
               should build OTB >

GEOS  http://geos.refractions.net  should build OTB
             using following
% CC=c++ CXX=c++ ./configure; make

PostGRES  < Cygwin binary and source packages >
PostGIS      < needs the configured but not compiled PostGres source package
                      after configure install PostGIS into PostGRES contrib directory
                      configure and make >

link against libgdal instead of libtiff and libgeotiff for geotiff support

HTH

Norman