update - ccdoc 08.41 is ready for experimentation

Joe Linoff Joe.Linoff@xilinx.com
Thu Oct 7 01:23:00 GMT 2004

Reini Urban wrote:

> Reini Urban schrieb:
>
>> You need a subject like: "[ITP] ccdoc 08.41"
>

> Why this funny version number?
> It should be called "ccdoc-0.8.41" imho.
> Or if MAJOR is 8 leave the 0 away => ccdoc-8.41
> This is irritating.

Thanks for the insight.

I would strongly prefer ccdoc-0.8.41 but the cygwin documentation seemed
to state that it required two numbers. Since it sounds like it is
allowed, I will change it to 0.8.41 and re-submit it tomorrow.

> BTW: This is the longest -h message I've ever seen.
> Was the intent to make "ccdoc -h" be longer then "man ccdoc" :)
> Just joking.

I just love typing...

>> And then a sentence in which you state that you want to maintain this
>> cygwin package. The reviewers will point to problems in your
>> packaging or licensing.
>>
>> "upload" is reserved for packages which already got their 3 positive
>> reviews and one GTG (good to go).
>

> err, "update", you know what I mean.
>

> ok, to the review:
> binary package looks fine.
>
> src package has /usr/src/ccdoc-08.41-1.patch hardcoded,
> which may not be! even if it's empty.
> The rest is simple, but okay.

I like this much better and will do it tomorrow. I don't like hardcoded
paths in tarfiles.

It might be helpful to update the http://cygwin.com/setup.html  because
it seemed to indicate that the preferred method is to hard code the
patch to /usr/src/foo-vendor-release.patch. See paragraph 4 (or so) in
the "Method One" subsection under the "Package Source" section.

> Please just remove the patch file from this path.
> You might want to add this empty ccdoc-08.41-1.patch to topdir.
> but then you have to call tar cfj differently.

Okay. I will add the patch to
ccdoc-0.8.41-#/CYGWIN-PATCHES/ccdoc-0.8.41-#.patch where # is either 1
or 2 depending on whether the name change from ccdoc-08.41 to
ccdoc-0.8.41 affects things.

> With these fixes +1 and GTG.

It sounds like the new release should be ccdoc-0.8.42-2 even though the
name changed.

Thanks for taking the time to review this. I will make the changes and
re-submit it tomorrow with the ITP designation.

> At least I have now a full cygwin class documentation:
> $ cd /usr/src
> $ ccdoc -db /tmp/ccdoc.db -pkg Cygwin src/winsup/cygwin/*.h
> $ ccdoc -db /tmp/ccdoc.db -index
> $ mkdir -p cygwin-ccdocs/images  # required
> $ ccdoc -db /tmp/ccdoc.db -html cygwin-ccdocs/ -imgurl images/ -root
> winsup -rooturl winsup.html

Wow, you are a quick study...