gbs patches?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sun Oct 10 20:27:00 GMT 2004

Aren't there any more gbs patches accepted?
I've got a lot of new functionality.
Maybe someone upstream may find it useful.

new args: requires difforig up setup

issues:
* reconf is currently invasive. most of the time autoreconf is easier.
   I added a fixup function which can easily replace the current reconf

changes:
* catch interim log files and put them as -log.tar.bz2
   into the src package.
* added binary package sig.
* depend sorted
* new files for the docs list.
* make test changed to make check.

new features:
* requires
   creates the single requires: line for setup.hint
* setup
   poor mans setup.
   missing: preremove, permissions, check if in use.
* difforig (optional)
   create a smaller interim patch from .orig files.
   This eases development (and is standard on postgresql).
   Most of the time (if autoreconf is not involved) 1:1
   the same as current mkpatch, which is quite invasive.
   Better than my version from
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-09/msg00044.html
* up (optional)
   if rsync_up_target is defined rsync the package files to
   the distribution server.

future:
* make splitting seperate base, -devel packaging easier.

How to put all this into ChangeLog format? Should I?
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/