desktop-file-utils, hicolor-icon-theme, shared-mime-info, startup-notification

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Wed Oct 13 07:24:00 GMT 2004

Hi Yaakov Selkowitz,

> Thanks, I see ORBit2 was updated, but as of now my mirror doesn't have
> the ITP'd packages.  BTW, remember to put the GNOME stuff in it's own dir.

Yes, I was lazy yesterday ... wait a minute ...I have it uploaded, but
one question: WHat do I need to do with empty directories like GNOME
under release?  Is there something needed or will upset skip it when
empty?

> [Still wishing for a GNOME category, however.]

No, I don't think we need it.  Put it in X11 and others?  Or should we
request another category again?

> | libgnomedb not?  We should wait with a release until 1.2 is out.
>
> libgnomedb requires libgnomeui, which we didn't have until now.  When
> these go 1.2 I'll be sure to update my builds.  BTW, what happened with
> the sqlite ITP?  libgda can use this as a provider, so if it doesn't
> have enough votes yet, +1 from me.

It was a request from Jari.  It may be that he comes back with a fixed
version of his package.  I think I add this to my list and maintain it
myself if he doesn't respond until the weekend.  Or you may ask Reini,
he has also lot of packages, but he wants to contribute this GIS stuff
and this needs sqlite too.  Maybe we should provide two packages,
sqlite2 and sqlite3, IIRC 2 & 3 versioned releases they are incompatible.

> | I don't know, these are the next on my list, but requires CUPS?  I'll
> | skip building them.
>
> They build without libgnomecups too (remember libgnomecups itself is a
> new package), and the appear to work fine hear.  I guess I'll take those.
>
> | Alright, now we have duplicated: gail, gnome-keyring, gtk-engines,
> | libgsf, vte.
> |
> | I'll do a nice spreadsheet with all packages so that this doesn't
> | happens on a regular basis.  You can add them to your list if you have
> | them ready, I have no READMEs written yet:-(
>
> I have Cygwin READMEs ready for these, so you're saying that I should
> take them?

Or send me your READMEs?  No just kidding, I don't care much at the moment
if there are more or less packages.  I think we should get the stuff
uploaded to get some feedback from the beta testers, even if the README is
missing.

Also to investigate, which packages need postinstall scripts, I know a few,
but for sure there are more.

> Could you put your packages up with upset so that I could install them
> with setup.exe?  It'd be a lot easier to try that way.

I'll try that.  The nautilus problem is known, just no idea yet what to do
about the XKB errors.

> When you think you are ready to add these packages to the distro, I
> think the priorities should be first libgnomeui and its prereqs, then
> metacity, nautilus, and the basic desktop.  Other packages can come
> after that.

I just step through the list provided at the GNOME website, I've arrived
at bug-buddy, so it is time to put some stuff up, now as the users may
submit bugs to the tracker;)

Just finished evolution-data-server, finally.  Lets see if it works.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=