gbs cleanup patch

Fri Oct 15 21:28:00 GMT 2004

Schulman.Andrew-65bELFHSwm+NwwpopWmoRw@public.gmane.org wrote:

> As we discussed a day or two ago, here is a patch that cleans up the
> following aspects of the generic build script (today's CVS version):

> - Replaces all instances of 'if [ ! -d xxx ] ; then mkdir -p xxx ; fi'
> with just 'mkdir -p xxx'.  The second form is equivalent but simpler.

As long as everyone knows that "mkdir -p xxx" suppresses errors when xxx
already exists, in addition to creating all intervening dirs in the
dirpath xxx.  ("mkdir xxx" will exit-with-error if xxx exists)

Is this behavior true on all platforms? (I know gbs doesn't directly
support cross-compiling, but it actually doesn't require too much
modification to do so, at present).

> - Adds -r to every invocation of xargs.  In every case this is desirable
> and will prevent errors in null cases.

Do you mean "--no-run-if-empty" ?  I can't find any documentation of a
"-r" flag to xargs...

P.S.  Thanks for doing this.  Your effort is appreciated.

--
Chuck