don't use AC_FUNC_MMAP, use AC_CHECK_FUNCS(mmap) instead.

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Sun Oct 17 07:35:00 GMT 2004

Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> |> AC_CHECK_FUNCS(mmap) issues this:
> |> checking for mmap... yes
> |>
> |> This is what I will using now for all the GNOME packages, there are
> |> several packages affected, so far I know of:
> |> - libgtop
> |> - gtk+
> |> - libgnomeprint
> |> - libgsf
>
> Actually, looking again at my libgnomeprint22 package, I already had
> manually patched the few places that needed mmap (i.e.
> #if defined(HAVE_MMAP) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> ) due to build errors.  I'll have to look at libgsf though.
>
> |> I think it just tries to link against the system library and it
> |> succeeds, so mmap() is considered to be available.  Fine with me.
> |>
> |> Using the macro AC_FUNC_MMAP, the test fails and mmap() will not be
> |> available.
> |
> | BTW, it looks like this in configure.ac:
> | case "$host" in
> |   *cygwin*)
> |     AC_CHECK_FUNCS(mmap)
> |     ;;
> |   *)
> |     AC_FUNC_MMAP
> |     ;;
> | esac
>
> Thanks for the tip.  But how does that define HAVE_MMAP?  And what about
> fixing AC_FUNC_MMAP itself?

I don't know how, maybe it doesn't do it, I'm not sure, at least it is
so in GMP, but this is very special.  Better fix AC_FUNC_MMAP.

Submit a patch to the Cygwin autoconf maintainer, since there were no
upstream autoconf releases for years, it needs to be fixed locally at
first.

BTW, I will be on a business trip for the next week and cannot reply all
my mail,

Gerrit
--
=^..^=