setup.exe sizes

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Oct 25 23:22:00 GMT 2004

Max Bowsher schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> I started to beautify setup.exe, because I don't want to resize it
>> everytime manually.
>>
>> * Is it ok to assume a new size 517, 379 instead of 317, 179?
>> (simply add 200)
>> Unfortunately most of the rc entries are hardcoded and are not
>> calculated at init. I'd prefer to calc them at init and place the
>> ressources then relatively from left, up, right and bottom, but this
>> looks like a lot of work.
>> I've read that 640x480 screensize should be default and the upper limit.
>
> If setup is still usable on a 640x480 screen after your modifications,
> then I'll be glad to commit them.

There are still some aesthetics issues and some technical ones,
then I'll post the patch.
sf.net announced it's change surprisingly fast, so at first I have to
catch up with my sf.net project.

>> * PickView::init_headers()
>> Better initial propsheet "Current" headers.width, which is awfully
>> incorrect. There's still some major miscalculation.
>> Have to step through PickView::init_headers()
>
> Are you asking a question? Reporting a bug? Saying you might have a
> patch later?

All three of them :)
The question is:
Is this assumption correct or is there another hidden mis-calculation
somewhere. Or some analysis by robert why it's broken now? Or did it
break with Frank Richter's resizable stuff?
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/