[setup] CVS module conflicts?

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Sep 15 16:22:00 GMT 2004

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> ... I do my development
> in an anoncvs tree, to prevent accidental commits.  Once the changes are
> finalized, I apply them to a modifiable tree (which I have as a
> subdirectory of the anoncvs tree, ...

I would have thought that the easy way to avoid accidental commits would be
to not run "cvs ci" :-) Or to just realize and cancel when the log message
editor appears.

Frivolous comments aside, I have also done work in an anoncvs tree, although
in my case it was so I could have the anoncvs repository be an rsynced local
copy.

There is an alternate technique you might find useful:

You can checkout by anoncvs, do work, and then commit like this:

cvs -d:ext:realuser@server:/repos commit

from the same working copy.

No accidental commits(!) and no need to port the changes to a second working
copy for commit.

Max.